- Any collegiate Vietnamese Student Associations (VSA), Vietnamese Student Unions (VSU), and/or similar Vietnamese student organizations affiliated to an accredited college/university in North America (U.S. and Canada) are eligible to be nominated
- Union/United/Intercollegiate Vietnamese Student Associations (UVSA/IVSA) and/or similar Vietnamese regional organizations are not eligible to be nominated. Any questions/concerns concerning an organization’s eligibility may be forwarded here
- Unless otherwise noted, only those activities and events during academic year 2017-2018 will be considered
Rules & Guidelines
- Nominations will be accepted from members and non-members of VSAs and UVSAs
- Groups and organizations may be nominated for more than one category, as well as submit up to three (3) submissions per category (any nominations after three will render the earliest nomination of that VSA to be disqualified, e.g. the 4th submission will replace the 1st, the 5th submission will replace the 2nd, etc.)
- Applications should be written as to be understood by individuals with no prior knowledge of your group or organization
- Once a nomination has been submitted, revisions to the submission cannot be made. They will be accepted as is, so please review all description(s), thumbnails, images, etc. before finalizing and sending in your nomination.
- Unless otherwise noted (depending on the category) award nominations should be concise and be equal to or under 350 words per question
- Awards are determined solely on the information provided in the application
There are seven (7) categories in the VSA Awards:
- Outstanding VSA of the Year – Nominate
- Outstanding VSA Member of the Year – Nominate
- Outstanding Philanthropic Program – Nominate
- Outstanding Cultural Program – Nominate
- Outstanding Performance – Nominate
- Outstanding Multimedia Production – Nominate
- Outstanding Web Presence – Nominate
The Presidents’ Council (composed of presidents of UVSAs or similar regional Vietnamese student organizations) act as a panel of judges to select the best three nominations of each category as well as select the top ranking submissions to be announced as the winners. Staff members of UNAVSA are prohibited to partake in the judging and voting process. The judges reserve the right to grant more than one award in a category.
Conference Awards Ceremony
- Award finalists (top three in each category) will be revealed at the UNAVSA-15 Conference in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Award finalists will be notified ahead of time if they have won to make arrangements for an acceptance of the award
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the Frequently Asked Questions, please read them before contacting us with additional questions:
- Does our VSA have to attend the UNAVSA conference to win an award?
If you have been voted as the winner of an award, your organization will be recognized at the annual UNAVSA conference. However, you do NOT have to attend the conference to remain eligible. You can either have someone accept the award on your behalf, or we can mail you the award at the conclusion of the conference.
- I don’t see my nomination on the website!
Please give our team 2-4 business days to upload all submissions. ALL nominations will be uploaded by Wednesday, June 20 before the judging and voting process begins. If you do not see your nomination(s) within a week, send us a message here.
- Why is there a cap of three (3) submissions per category per school?
UNAVSA as well as the judges’ panel values “Quality over Quantity.” By placing a limitation on the number of submissions each school is able to nominate to each category, Vietnamese Student Associations/Unions are able to submit their best submissions instead of multiple submissions that may lengthen the reviewing and voting process.